asathomā sadgamaya

ऊँ असतो मा सदगमय
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय
ऊँ शन्ति, शन्ति, शन्ति

Asato mā sadgamaya
tamaso mā jyotirgamaya
mṛithyormā amṛitam gamaya
Om śanti śanti śantihi

(Oh Lord ) 
Lead me away from all bad things towards the very best in the world
Lead me from laziness to auspiciousness
Lead me to happiness and eternal life
Give us peace, give us peace, give us peace


(I could not find a way to explain the three types of peace to a 4 year old.  I hope this is sufficient)

** Nanda, in the kindergarten class we used Swamiji's example for the three types of peace: The first peace is for all large things in the universe out of our control, like thunderstorms, hurricanes, tornados, etc. The second peace is for our immediate environment, like darks barking, horns honking, playground bickering, etc. The third Peace is for inside of us ... because when we are peaceful, we feel calm, confident and full of love. He shared this with the Summer Camp kids and I always thought this was a wonderful way to illustrate such a difficult concept, so I immediately incorporated this example in class. Hope you don't think I'm stepping out of bounds here ...